Welcome to WorthPoint’s Knowledge Centre. Here, our experts, collectors, dealers and contributors give you an insight into the world of antiques and collectibles.
It is completely free to use the Knowledge Centre on WorthPoint.co.uk, which offers a great opportunity to develop your expertise in different areas of antiques and collectibles. Our articles are written by people who have been collecting and dealing for years, industry experts, and even novice collectors who can offer their own first-time experiences in this area.
The range of information available is varied and allows the WorthPoint community to comment on articles, read about the latest trends, and get a feel for the industry. This can be used to complement our Worthopedia, where you can search for past auction results.
We invite you to explore, learn, comment, and indulge in your favourite area.
- An Introduction to the Market for St Ives Pottery: Part One: Bernard Leach Pottery
- Jewellery Box Masses
- Collecting Emeralds, the May birthstone
- An Introduction to the Market for Poole Pottery
- Collecting Diamonds, the April birthstone
- Easter Rising Memorabilia
- Collecting Aquamarine – the March birthstone
- Toby Jugs – Making a comeback
- The Glass of René Lalique (1860-1945): Part Two: the Lower End of the Market
- Collectable Vietnam War Movie Posters
- Collecting Amethyst: The February birthstone
- The Glass of René Lalique (1860-1945): the High End of the Market
- Sheer Beauty of His Cinema Posters Puts Tom Chantrell at the Front of the Pack
- A Prominent Predator—The Cartier Panthère
- Guide to auction houses
- Guide to cleaning antique silver
- Guide to cleaning glass
- Guide to defining ceramics
- Guide to furniture restoration
- Guide to haggling
- Guide to maintenance and conservation
- Guide to preserving your antique textiles collection
- Guide to preserving your rare book collection
- Guide to preserving your rare manuscript collection
- Guide to starting your own stamp collection